Thursday, January 27, 2011

What I've Learned - HELP!

I apologize to anyone who's tuning in today to see what writing book I'm currently reading, because I don't have an update. Now that I've burned through a few of the suggestions I got from my writing group, I'm out of books to read.

So this is where you come in. Is there any book on the craft of writing that simply changed your life? I want to hear about it! I try to get through at least one of these a month, so I'm open to any and all suggestions. Please leave them in the comments section below.

Past "What I've Learned Books"

4 comments:

  1. I just started reading Save The Cat and it's REALLY breaking down plotting into a totally accessable way. I'm loving it so far...very useful and practical.

    (It's about screenwriting, but it totally applies to novel writing as well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you MUST read Save the Cat. I also adore Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a suggestion, but I just got the Regina King book on your recommendation and it's awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children by Nancy Lamb (as a VCFA assignment) and I'm getting a lot out of it!

    ReplyDelete