Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Underrated Show Installment - My So-Called Life

Last week I posted about how Arrested Development was one of the most underrated shows of all time. Some people commented about other underrated shows. Two of which I've watched before, and one that I've never seen. Thanks to those recommendations, I've decided to do a first watch of My So-Called Life. Lucky for me, it's available on hulu, because it's not currently part of the Watch Instantly selection on Netflix.

Here's a summary from Hulu:

My So-Called Life (Complete Series)MSCL follows Angela Chase, a neurotic, touching and funny 15-year-old as she chronicles the ever-present trials and tribulations of adolescence. No matter the fixation, Angela finds extraordinary drama within ordinary situations as she navigates discovering who she is and where she belongs.

For those of you who haven't watched it before and want to join in, I'll be posting my recaps every Wednesday. And of course, anyone who wants to re-watch it, that would be awesome, too.

I'd like to stay spoiler-free, so just remember that the only thing I know about this show is that the main character is named Angela and she has red hair. Oh, and pre 30 Seconds to Mars Jared Leto is in it.

I hope to see you back here next Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. I just watched My So-Called Life on Hulu a few weeks ago! You're going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shows my age, but I was already an adult when this show aired for one season.

    At that time it was considered too risque, as it dealt with issues that were deemed "too adult" for teens. Think Glee, without the music.

    I loved the show. Compared to what they have on regular TV nowadays, My So Called Life was tame.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it a bunch of times when it was originally on. Great show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMG! I'm so excited you're watching it and can't wait for your recaps!

    ReplyDelete