Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Top 10 Tuesday - Cartoons and Other Kid Shows

When I was a kid I sort of lived in front of the TV. I didn't get into reading until sixth or seventh grade, so TV played a large part in my life before then. As a child who grew up in the 80's and early 90's, I had tons of great Cartoons and Other Kid shows to watch.

Favorite Kid Shows of All Time
  • Fraggle Rock


    I always loved this show. I haven't watched it in years, but I'm sure it's not nearly as awesome as I remember.
  • The Muppet Show - Season One (Special Edition) The Muppet Show
    As you can probably already tell, I had a a deep affection for muppets. After Fraggle rock, you could always find me watching something to do with the Muppets. Be it Muppet Babies, The Muppet Show or one of the umpteen muppet movies we had on VHS (you know, those things you had to watch movies on before DVDs). If I had to pick one Muppet production that I liked the best, it would probably be The Muppets Take Manhattan. SPOILER ALERT (highlight to read)!!! ------> I still get a little misty eyed when Kermit and Miss Piggy finally get married at the end.

  • Darkwing Duck, Volume 1Darkwing Duck
    This show used to come on after I got home from school. I was never really into crime fighting and comic books, but I liked this show. I can still remember the catchphrase - "I am the terror that flaps in the night..."

  • The Flintstones: The Complete SeriesThe Flintsones
    The Flintstones is my mom's favorite cartoon, so I spent tons of time watching this. My favorite part of this cartoon was when Pebbles and Bam Bam got their spin off. How fun to see them as teenagers.

  • Aaaah! Real Monsters - Season 1 Aaaah! Real Monsters
    I'm pretty sure this was the inspiration for Monsters Inc. I do love the movie, but I think I loved this cartoon even more. I know Ickis is supposed to be a monster and all, but I just think he's so cute.

  • Are You Afraid of the Dark? - The Complete First Season Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    This is kind of a weird one for me. I'm not a very big fan of scary movies now that I'm older, but I used to eat this show up as a kid. I think I liked them so much because this was just about the time I got into reading the Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine.

  • Rugrats - Decade In Diapers Rugrats
    Angelica was like my idol. Like her, I loved to boss my younger brother around, only I never did it quite as good as she did.

  • Doug- Season 1 (3 Disc Set) Doug
    Okay, I'll just admit it. I had a total crush on Doug Funnie. I loved everything about this show from his dog Porkchop, to the resident bully Roger. Oh, and let't not forget Patti Mayonnaise. And episode that sticks out in my mind is the one where Patty invites Doug for dinner and someone tricks him into thinking they're going to serve Liver and Onions. He spends the whole episode freaking out about not liking it.

  • The Jetsons: Season Two, Vol. 1 The Jetsons
    I've always wanted to live with George and Jane. They had an awesome dog, and they drove around in flying cars. I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want to live in that cartoon? Okay, maybe Elroy and Judy were a bit annoying, but I think I could deal with them if it meant flying around space.

  • Kids Incorporated
    We didn't have the Disney channel in my house growing up, but whenever the Disney free preview would roll around, I wouldn't miss this show. It looked like so much fun to be singing and dancing all the time like the kids on the show did.
What were your favorite shows growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment