Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween

Yikes! Halloween is just around the corner and I have no costume yet!

Every year we are invited to a Halloween party at a friend's house and the one rule is that you must dress up. Sounds simple, right? Well, not really.

See, this party is by no means the epic party it used to be. The first year, there were about 30 people invited and everyone came in a costume. It was great. The next year the number dwindled to about 15 people, which was still nice, but not nearly the bash it was before. Last year, only about 6 of us came and we ended up playing board games in costume. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, I just felt like I wasted money on a kick-ass Hermione Granger costume.

So this year, I was to go cheap or home made. These are my ideas so far:

Wenda - Waldo's Girlfriend - the only problem is that I can't seem to bring myself to spend money on a striped shirt that I'm sure I'll never wear again....



A Crayola Crayon - this is much less work. I was thinking of using blue jeans a shirt I already own, which means I'd only have to invest in the funnel and the iron ons.

Care Bear - a classic, which doesn't look like too much work now that I've done some research. My husband is still looking for a costume, too - maybe if it's easy enough we can both do this.

Do you dress up for Halloween?

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I need to find a costume, too. I have absolutely no ideas. But a crayon is always cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same luck with my friend's annual party. Started out huge and now it's about 10 of us.

    We're supposed to do a Shrek theme this year, but I honestly want to be the Invisible Man!

    Good luck making a decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your costume idea. Glad I don't have to dress up this year.

    ReplyDelete