Thursday, July 1, 2010

What's on My Bookshelf?

Since this is my first official week blogging, I thought I should post some more things about myself. Today I'm revealing what I keep on my bookshelf.



The picture above breaks down my bookshelf into 4 genres: Travel, Fiction, Non-fiction, and DIY. As you can see, the portion of the shelves dedicated to fiction is much larger than the rest of the genres. I love to escape when I read, so fiction is always my go-to genre.

Here is a close up of the top two shelves:



The Tom Clancy books are my husband's but since we're married, I'm nice and let him share my bookshelf. The two books in front are books I borrowed from someone. I like to keep them out like that so I remember to give them back. Otherwise, all of the books are organized by the broad genres I mentioned above, and then in alphabetical order by author. Of course, series books are always put in the order they occur.

Here are the next two shelves, AKA my favorite shelves:


As you can see the Harry Potter and Jessica Darling books can be found on these shelves. Along with my signed Megan McCafferty bookmark.

The last shelf is probably the most boring:



All of the non-fiction and do-it-yourself/self help books hide out down here.

What's missing from the shelves?
Watermelon by Marian Keyes - BEING BORROWED
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - BEING BORROWED
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - CURRENTLY READING
Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson - CURRENTLY READING

I should also mention the two other bookcases in our house. One is in my office and it's filled with accounting books. The other is in the same room as the bookcase above, but has all of my husband's computer programming books. Those shelves were super-boring, so I didn't even bother photographing them.

How are your bookshelves organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment