Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Round Up

Well, it's February now so let's take a look at how I did with my goals.

Reading
Read three books and started two more.
  1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
    This was a great book to start off the year with. The writing was clever and the story moved at a pace that kept me wanting more. I hate that I need to wait so long for the next one to come out.
    Buy the book: Amazon | Indiebound | B&N
  2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
    Another good book. I've had this on my shelf since last year and never got around to reading it. Now that I have, I'm sorry I didn't pick it up sooner. I liked the dynamic here was between two friends and not your typical teenage love triangle involving the supernatural. The vampire/guardian relationship is interesting to me, and it's a fresh angle to approach a vampire story with.
    Buy the book: Amazon | Indiebound | B&N
  3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.(new release)
    I pre-ordered this book back in August when John Green said he'd sign every copy. The wait from August until January was excruciating. Usually what happens when I anticipate a book like this for so long, is that it is a huge let down. Not so with TFIOS. I laughed, I cried, I laughed again. Most of all it made me think about life and how I waste most of my time doing stupid things. It made me appreciate all those substantial moments that not everyone gets to experience. Bottom Line: READ THIS BOOK.
    Buy the book: Amazon | Indiebound | B&N
Writing
I didn't meet this goal. Boo! The day job plus being pregnant has sucked the life-blood out of me. I find it hard to do anything other than read or watch TV. The thing about goals, is to not be so hard on yourself when you don't meet them. It just sets you up for failure. Which is why I'm modifying this goal to "Work on WIP at least 2 hours per week."

I know it will take much longer to finish these edits, but at least I will be making progress.

Blogging
Only three entries in January, but that's a start, considering I didn't have ANY in December and it's only one less than the goal I set for myself. Thanks again, pregnancy!

So how did everyone else do with their January goals? Finish any interesting writing projects? Read any excellent books?

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, I need to read The Fault in Our Stars! That sounds amazing. And I think a day job and being pregnant are perfectly good excuses to modify your writing goals--good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely read it - and soon! I couldn't put it down!

      Delete
  2. Progress is progress. 2 hours per week is still something. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete