Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Operation: Clear my Currently Reading Shelf

Last night I finished Possession by Elana Johnson. It was only 9:30 when I read the final page, so I thought, "Oh, I'll start another book." Then I realized something. I am currently in the middle of reading five other books.

So I decided I'm not starting any new books until I finish the other ones. What's on the list, you ask?
My plan is to tackle the ones I've been "reading" for a few months. First up will be Maze of Bones and Self Editing for Fiction Writers. I started both of those in January (eek!). Next will be Bossypants and The Name of the Wind. Then I am The Messenger. Hopefully I can get this all done before my vacation so I can start Operation: Clear my To Be Read Shelf. That's a whole issue in itself.

What's coming up on the reading front for you? Do you have a problem like me?

2 comments:

  1. I counted the other day...I have 25 books unread on my shelf, not to mention 5 e-galleys on my iPad and whatever is coming in the mail through our tours. I really need to get through all that this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to read several books at a time, too! Usually in different genres, and I jump around whenever I need a change. It makes reading even more interesting!

    ReplyDelete