Friday, March 18, 2011

What I've Learned - Self Editing for Fiction Writers

**NOTE: This was supposed to post yesterday, but like an idiot I saved it as a draft and not a scheduled post, so today you get a bonus Friday post! Lucky you!**

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done one of these. Ever since I started working late at the day job, I guess I haven't been learning much!

Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition: How to Edit Yourself Into PrintOn the recommendation of a few of the people in my writers group, I picked up the book Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King.

I only downloaded it to my Kindle last night, so I haven't technically learned anything yet. This book got some stellar reviews on Amazon, though, so if you're feeling a little lost when it comes to revising, this might be the book for you.

I guess I'll find out over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

Have you read this book? Did it help you become a better self-editor?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book but I've heard a lot of good things about it. Sounds like I could use it since I'm revising/rewriting my WiP now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one...it has lots of good tips! I'm still a terrible self-editor, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one, but I'm always looking for good advice! I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete