Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow and Writerly Links!

It's a snow day here in South Jersey today. The roads are plowed, but not that well, so I'm at home. Yay! But I still have to work. Boo! But it means I can get a lot of writing done tonight when I would normally be commuting. Yay!

Since it might be a day off for a lot of you, I thought I'd post a round-up of some of my favorite blog posts from the last few days.

Editing and Getting Critiqued
- Handling Criticism at Querytracker.
- How to Start Your Book by Elana Johnson
- A three part series on Editing by Chuck Wendig (***WARNING - This is NSFW***) - Part 1 (the copy edit) | Part 2 (content) | Part 3 (Context)

Query Letters
- A two parter from Shannon Messenger on how to write a good one- Part One and Part Two
- One of the best rule breaking queries I've read.

Blogging
- How to Write a Good Blog Comment by Nathan Bransford
- Can Blogging Train Your Muse? by Jami Gold

Read any good blog posts recently? Leave a link below!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! I just had to share this link to Jennifer Hubbard's post on balancing life and writing - http://writerjenn.livejournal.com/213782.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links! I love good writerly advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad you found my post helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome links! Thanks for passing along! Hope you had a great day at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snow day here, but that's fine by me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the links! I hadn't seen Shannon's but I'm rushing over to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome links! Def. no snow day for me. I still made it into work...I hate snow and refuse to believe it can hold me back haha

    ReplyDelete