Monday, January 3, 2011

The Resolution Post

I know I'm late in saying this, but Happy New Year to everyone!

And with every new year comes the inevitable resolutions. I sort of hate to call them resolutions because then it feels like you can only make them at the beginning of the year. So instead of posting my resolutions, I'll list my goals for 2011. To keep me honest, I'm going to set up a new page at the top that lists them all. I'll cross them out as I accomplish each one. With some hard work and determination, I hope to have them all crossed off by the end of the year!

Writing Goals
  • Finish editing Twisted Fate by May.
  • Send Twisted Fate to at least five people to read and comment on by July.
  • Write a query for Twisted Fate by September.
  • Research at least 10 agents to send query to.
  • Submit query by October.
  • Attend at least one writing conference.
  • Join a local writing group.
Reading Goals
  • Read 75 young adult books.
  • Review books more thoroughly from a writer's point of view.
What are your goals for 2011?

3 comments:

  1. Two awesome sources for agent research:
    querytracker.net
    and
    Casey's awesome blog
    http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've heard of the first one, but not Casey's blog. I will definitely add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these goals! Querying is definitely on my list--good luck!

    ReplyDelete