Monday, November 15, 2010

Harry Potter Blog-athon: Favorite Characters

It's finally here! The first installment of the final Harry Potter movie is coming out at the end of this week! To celebrate, I'm counting down the days with a look back on my favorites from the series. Every day I'll be featuring something Harry Potter related, so check back and weigh in with your favorites in the comments below.

There are so many characters in the Harry Potter series, I thought it was only fair to split them down the line they chose for themselves: good and evil.

Today we're talking about the good guys. The ones we're supposed to be rooting for.

My personal favorite character is Sirius Black, but since I already wrote a love letter to him earlier this year, I thought I'd spread the love and pick another favorite character. Of course I couldn't pick just one, so here's a quick list of three more characters that are just....awesome!
  • Luna Lovegood. From the moment she was introduced, I wanted to be BFF with Luna. She's loyal, smart, and a little quirky. My favorite thing about her is how she isn't afraid, and doesn't care that she's a little off from center.
  • Dobby. At first Dobby annoyed me to no end. I just wanted him to go away. He made poor Harry's life impossible at the beginning of Chamber of Secrets. As I learned his story, I softened up to him. By the end of the series, Dobby became one of my favorites.
  • Dumbledore. For being one of the most powerful, smartest wizards of all time, Dumbledore also knew how to enjoy life. I liked how, as the series progressed, we saw the fierce side of Dumbledore. One of my favorite quotes of the whole series is from Dumbledore:
    'Come quietly.' I am afraid I am not going to come quietly at all, Cornelius. I have absolutely no intention of being sent to Azkaban. I could break out, of course – but what a waste of time, and frankly, I can think of a whole host of things I would rather be doing.
    -Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 27
    I love how that quote basically says - Hello, I'm Dumbledore and I'm a total badass. Goodbye.
Who are your favorite good guys from the HP series?

Stay tuned tomorrow for my favorite evil characters!

2 comments:

  1. I would totally be BFFs with Luna. I just love her in every scene. And that quote from Dumbledore is absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Luna.
    The girl who plays her in the movies is SO spot on that I can't get enough of her!

    ReplyDelete