Monday, July 12, 2010

Unplugging between Draft and Revision

Happy Monday, everyone!

We spent the weekend camping on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. Our campsite wasn't that great, but we had a lot of fun exploring the state. We took a tour of the homes of Robert E. Lee and George Washington.


We stayed in Reedville, VA


On Saturday, it rained most of the day, so it was kind of a bust. We went to a berry farm and enjoyed a peach shortcake sundae to kill some time. It was delicious, but so filling! One was enough for me and the hubs to split. When the weather cleared, we went to Belle Isle Park for a 4 mile hike. After the hike, we watched an awful cover band for a few songs.

So why am I telling you this? Because this trip was a great way to unwind between first draft and revisions. With spotty cell service and no internet access, I was able to get away from all things writing related. Now I'm back with a clear head, and I'm ready to attack my WIP.

Related Links:

Tabitha Olsen at Writer Musings wrote a great post on her revision process.

Shannon Whitney Messenger also recharged this weekend. Read her take on the importance of getting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment