Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Listening While You Write

When I write, I like to listen to music. Now that I'm revising, I've noticed that I need silence. This is weird to me, because even when I'm reading, there's always something on in the background whether it be TV or music.

I find it very hard to get into the "revision zone" when it isn't quiet. Once I get into that zone, though, I can really dig in and make some excellent changes. The only thing I hate is that I miss my music!! Since I only really listen when I write, there is a serious lack of tunage in my life.

So what about you? Do you listen when you write and revise, just when you write, or not at all?

And just or kicks, I put together this playlist. It's a collection of songs I listened to when I wrote my first draft. Let me know what you think!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


LINKS

- Christina Lee of Write-Brained has her own take on music. Read about her favorite songs.
- Wastepaper Prose asked writers what they listen to when they write. Read Part 1 and Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment